CHAMP and the Public History Program at the University of Illinois-Springfield are collaborating around CHAMP’s new signature project, “The Mythic Mississippi.” This collaboration will produce joint research, teaching and public engagement activities across downstate Illinois. INFORMATION: mythicmississippi.illinois.edu
CHAMP’s formal partnership (2012-2022) with the Ironbridge International Institute for Cultural Heritage at the University of Birmingham (UK) included frequent faculty lecture visits in both directions, the organization of large international conferences on different heritage themes (“Trans-Atlantic Dialogues on Cultural Heritage”, “Heritages of Migration”, “Thrill of the Dark”) and joint publications (such as Encounters with Popular Pasts. Cultural Heritage and Popular Culture, published by Springer in 2015).
CHAMP collaborates with the Critical Heritage Studies Network at Stockholm University, Sweden. Faculty visit each other’s schools to lecture and participate in co-organized international conferences, including “Heritage of Death”, which was held in Stockholm in September 2015 and generated the volume Heritage of Death. Landscapes of Emotion, Memory and Practice (Routledge, 2018).
CHAMP is a founding partner of the UNESCO Center for Global Citizenship.
CHAMP also has sponsored Distinguished International Lecturers in more extended visits during which they presented formal talks, interacted with colleagues and lectured in some of our courses. These include with their affiliation at the time:
– Dr. William Logan (Deakin University, Australia), 2006
– Dr. Ruth Phillips (Carleton University, Canada), 2006
– Dr. Vicky Kynourgiopoulou (Loyola University-Rome), 2006, 2008, 2010
– Dr. Haiyi Zhao (Northwest University, China), 2007
– Dr. Donny George (Iraqi State Board of Antiquities, exiled), 2008
– Dr. Rungsima Kullapat (Vongchavalitkul University, Thailand), 2011
– Dr. Mike Robinson (University of Birmingham, UK), 2012, 2014, 2016
– Mr. Michael Day (Historic Royal Palaces, UK), 2013
– Dr. Mattias Frihammar (Stockholm University, Sweden), 2014, 2018
– Dr. Perla Innocenti (Northumbria University, UK), 2014
– Dr. Fernando Vela (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain), 2014
– Dr. Roger White (University of Birmingham, UK), 2014
– Dr. Eleonora Berti (Cultural Routes of Europe, Luxembourg), 2015
– Dr. Andreas Pantazatos (Durham University, UK), 2015, 2019
– Dr. Frank Proschan (UNESCO, retired), 2019
– Dr. Lin Foxhall (University of Liverpool), 2023